Quarterly Review Meeting & Field Visit of BCC activities, District Kharan
Objective of Quarter Review meeting:
- To assess the BCC activities both at facility and community level being carried out by the Partners.
- Orientation of program staff on BCC/IPC activities.
- To review Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) activities according to approved targets VS achievements of implementing partners by the district stakeholders.
- To review and agree BCC workplan by district stakeholders for next three months.
- 5. To built ownership of District Health Team on nutrition intervention being held by the partners at district level
As per approved activity of BCC component number 3.5 “Quarterly Progress Review Meeting of BCC activities” in Workplan 2019, the team proceeded to District Kharan on 19th March 2019 and during visit accompanied by DNO, DSM PPHI, Nutrition Focal Person and ADC National Program, the following activities were carried out:
- Field visit and activity planning meeting the District Nutrition Officer
- Field visit of OTP Site established by PPHI in Basic Health Unit Hurro.
- Meeting with OTP Staff and Men Support Group/Community Stakeholders.
- Meeting with LHWs of BHU Catchment Area.
- Visit of Health House in Allah Abad Mohalla, Town.
- Meeting with OTP Staff and Women Support Group.
- Visit of OTP Site established by PPHI in DHQ Hospital, District Kharan.
- Meeting with PPHI district staff at PPHI Office.
- Review Meeting with all partners in District Health Officer Office.
After arrival at Kharan a detail meeting regarding purpose of field visit and next quarter planning related to BCC/IPC was discussed. In meeting next day planning was formulated and finalized. The District Nutrition Officer highlighted that he is not well oriented on BCC/IPC activities for its further implementation through implementing partners. He suggested that PMU should organize an orientation session for DNOs in this regard so that the implementation of BCC/IPC activities through implementing partners can be ensured.
Over all Recommendations/Suggestions
- One day orientation session on BCC/IPC activities should be organized at Provincial Level for clarity and understanding.
- District Nutrition Focal Person PPHI has already received the 3 Days Supportive Monitoring, IYCF, CMAM, Data Management and Planning, BCC/IPC training at provincial level delivered by Program experts, should be responsible to provide on job training on BCC/IPC activities to all OTP staff and Social Mobilizers on regular basis to ensure the effective implementation of program activities and timely achievement of next quarter targets.
- To ensure and to achieved the next quarter BCC/IPC activities targets, District Coordinator, National Program must responsible the Lady Health Supervisors, National Program to organize and conduct on job trainings on BCC/IPC activities in health houses to LHWs as they have already received quality training of 3 days on Supportive Monitoring, IYCF, CMAM, Data Management and Planning, BCC/IPC training at provincial level delivered by Program experts.
- IEC materials for beneficiaries related to IYCF, proper use of nutrition commodities, handwashing practices, Health and Hygiene and food diversity etc. must be provided to all project focused districts on immediate basis.
- PPHI must ensure the implementation of BCC/IPC activities both at facility with SAM, MAM caregivers and PLWs and at community level with support groups.